Pursuit Racing has exciting plans for its second season of historic racing across the UK and Europe during 2022.
January 4, 2022
The workshop is flat out finishing several projects before our first test at Donington towards the end of February. Subject to co-operative weather, we'll be running several cars including the Lightweight E-Type and T-Mobile Porsche 997 GT3 RSR, both fresh from a winter rebuild here at the Clubhouse.
Testing shifts up a gear as spring arrives, with a three-day test at Estoril and additional days at Donington. The first international race weekend of the season is with Peter Auto at Mugello on April 2-3. Our full calendar looks like this (pandemic permitting):
- March 19-20: Brands Hatch (Equipe GTS)
- April 2-3: Mugello Classic (Peter Auto)
- May 21-22: Spa Classic (Peter Auto)
- May 21-22: Oulton Park (Equipe GTS)
- June 4-5: Dijon Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or (Peter Auto)
- June 12: Silverstone (Equipe GTS)
- July 2-3: Le Mans Classic (Peter Auto)
- August 6: Snetterton (Equipe GTS)
- August 26-28: Paul Ricard Dix Mille Tours (Peter Auto)
- September 10: Silverstone (Equipe GTS)
- October 1-2: Spa 6 Hours (Peter Auto)
- October 7-9: Estoril Classics (Peter Auto)
Our people are key to Pursuit's success and we're delighted to welcome more members to the team for 2022, with several new faces in the workshop. We also welcome a number of new drivers, all keen to improve their performance through the season. The roster includes Frédéric Laurent, who continues his development on our Road to Race programme, earning valuable race experience by racing his Jaguar E-Type in the UK-based Equipe GTS series.
2022 Pursuit projects include both historic Lotus Elans that we rebuilt through the winter. The Elans will debut at Estoril and their vacated workshop bays will be taken by a series of endurance racers scheduled for full rebuilds this year. We've got some very interesting private projects in the works and supporting the race cars will occupy much of our time. Several LMP cars that have been rebuilt here at Pursuit will also be on track through 2022.
So there you have it - a busy year in prospect! We're incredibly excited to experience our first full year in our wonderful workshop, surrounded by so many truly historic cars.
Follow the Pursuit Instagram channel to keep tabs on our progress!